3 Bedrooms – First floor queen bedroom with full bath. Above the kitchen is a private loft and dormer with queen bedroom, private bath with stall shower and adjoining sitting room with a twin bed for a 5th guest.
The modern kitchen is well equipped for cooking and serving, with amenities including gas stove, microwave, dishwasher and breakfast table.
Mealtime is always more enjoyable with a view of the water. You can sit in front of the window in the dining area or enjoy the picnic table on the deck. In the corner of the living room next to a window with a waterfront view, the landlady (who lives next door!) insisted on having a game table. If you challenge her to a game of Scrabble, she probably will be up for it. A separate utility/storage room on the main level has additional wood for the fireplace along with a washer and dryer.
In the evening you can listen to the stereo, watch cable television or a movie on the DVD player while relaxing and enjoying the warmth of the fireplace.
Step through large sliding glass doors onto a 400 sq. ft. deck with comfortable seating to enjoy a panoramic view of Blue Hill Bay. We are located between Mitchell and Duck Cove on the western side of Mount Desert Island, so you will need to sit out on the deck in the evening to watch a spectacular sunset which probably will take your breath away.
Paul’s Cottage is open year-round. * We can comfortably accommodate five persons, including children/infants, no exceptions, please.
- Wireless internet connection
- Color cable television, stereo and DVD player
- Plenty of blankets, pillows, sheets and towels
- Wood and kindling for the fireplace
- Fully winterized and heated by oil furnace
- Self-cleaning gas range with large oven
- Microwave and electric coffeemaker
- Washer and dryer in laundry room
- Charcoal grill
- Deck furniture with picnic table and chairs
- 2 bathrooms
- We rent by the week Saturday to Saturday
- A deposit (by check, no credit cards, please) is required within 7 days to hold your reservation.
- Note: Refund of deposits can only be made if we are successful in renting the entire period reserved.
- All of our rental rates are subject to a 9% Maine lodging tax.
- Balance due upon arrival (by check or cash, no credit cards, please).
- Our housekeeping cottages are smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted inside at any time.
- We have found that many of our guests are allergic to pets, so we regrettably have concluded that we can not accommodate any pets.
- Paul’s Cottage can accommodate five people comfortably. No exceptions, please.
- We count children, including infants, as part of the total occupancy.